Wednesday, September 7, 2011

GORGEOUS FELT FLOWERS!


I made this adorable card 























after watching this video by HRR Julie Ebersole...she is genius I say!! 




 The A Muse|Studio Holiday Catalog introduced a whole rainbow of felt. I love this felt so much and there are so many great projects you can make with it.......and it is perfect for these beautiful flowers in Julie's video. I wanted to make sunflowers, so I used buttercup and french roast felt. I used a short strip of the french roast felt and cut an equal amount off the buttercup felt so it was still 12 inches long. The sticky tape held the 2 colors tight together. I started rolling from the french roast end so it would be the center of the flower. I loved the big one so much I wasn't content with one, and decided I needed another one, but just a little smaller.....so I cut the felt strip 1 1/2 inches wide and then proceeded with the directions as before. When I snipped the felt, I made the snips closer together. To make the card I used a french roast card base, 4 bar size, and stamped the cross stitch border stamp from the Mad For Plaids set in buttercup ink in two places on the card. I then inked the leaf from the Graphic Sunflower set in buttercup and made the leaves for the sunflower. I stamped the word Hello from the Graphic Sunflower set at the bottom of one of the flower stems in buttercup ink. I then affixed the flowers to the card using Glue Dots. Hope you will try making one of these flowers for your next project...you'll get hooked on them I'm sure!!!!

Supplies used:
Felt: buttercup and french roast
Superstick tape
Ink: buttercup
Cardstock: French Roast
Stamp Sets: Graphic Sunflower, Mad For Plaids
Glue Dots
Acrylic stamp mounts
Above supplies all available from a muse|studio and can be purchased through my online store or by dropping me an email.
Misc: needle and thread from my sewing stash....


5 comments:

  1. THAT is double sumpin' sumpin' ;) hee hee hee LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab! Love the retro-looking flowers! They look so soft I just want to pet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sunflowers! I like the faux stitching for the stems so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!! I didn't even think of using 2 colors for that flower. great idea!

    ReplyDelete