Monday, May 16, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND A MOTHER'S DAY CARD....

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, between a busy inn and being taken down by a nasty respiratory infection, I feel like I finally have gotten a bit of my creative groove back.


John's niece's birthday is today, so I made this this card for her...I love the way it came out, John said it reminded him of chocolate and pink icing.....I wanted to try out Julie's Recessed Window Card, as she issued a challenge to all the A Muse|Studio Consultants to make a card with a recessed window. I love how this came out, and I know that Emma is going to love it!!! I used French Roast and Sugar Card Stock, French Roast Gingham, Shell and French Roast Ink, Nestabilities Labels Four was used for the window. Stamps: Birthday cake from A Very Merry Unbirthday set, Birthday Wishes from the Contemporary Greetings set and the  Polka Dot Border from the Polka Dot Patterns set. Meadow Mix Flowers were colored with Shell ink using Sponge Dauper. Twinkle Sugar Pearl Stickers were colored with French Roast ink. I colored the cake in with Copic Markers E29 Burnt Umber, and R00 Pinkish White. The candle was colored in R00 and the flame with R29 Lipstick Red and Y08 Acid Yellow. I used the Quickie Glue Pen to coat the top of the cake with glue and sprinkled Diamond Glitter on it for that extra birthday sparkle. The Polka Dots and Birthday wishes were stamped in Shell ink, the cake was stamped in French Roast ink.




Another Birthday card, this one was for one of our chambermaids. Her birthday was last week, but since I was not feeling well then, we had a little belated birthday party for her on Friday. I loved the color combo of this one! I used Sunflower stamp from the Graphic Sunflower set stamping it in bubblegum, papaya, shell and lemonwhip on Sugar Cardstock. The Happy Birthday is from the Celebrate in Style set, stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black on Bubblegum, which is over a strip of Papaya Cardstock.


And Mother's Day, I made this one for my mother, it was a really quick one, she was practically watching me as I made it! LOL! Well, actually she was watching but couldn't figure it out.....The card base is Shell Cardstock, I stamped the leaves from the Beautiful Botanicals 2 set in shell. I then cut Grass Cardstock using Nestabilities Labels One, and stamped the leaves in grass ink in label. I cut a piece of Sugar Cardstock and Stamped the Happy Mother's Day sentiment from the Everyday Sentiments set in Grass ink. I edged the rectangle with the grass ink for a little definition. I tied a Sheer Organdy ribbon in Lime across the top of the card. I mounted the layers with 3D Foam adhesive.


All of these A Muse|Studio products can be found in my online A Muse|Studio store  at http://amusestudio.com/tobey  You can order online or email me if you have a large order over $150 and I can help you place an order to qualify for hostess rewards.


4 comments:

  1. Your window card turned out so pretty! And I love the orange and bubblegum flowers! I'm definitely going to have to CASE that one because I am just not good at bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO, TOBEY!!! Thanks for playin'! :) Your niece will love it! I'm so glad you're feeling better--it's no fun being sick! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Recessed Window, Mostly I love your CAKE! It's awesome! Yum. Looks like chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used on the card...that slice of cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete